BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

There was a time....

Ok...poetry...clearly not my cup of tea...Not that i hate it....In fact, i love poetry and poets more than poetry...You truly have to be gifted to be a good poet....Anybody and everybody can write a paragraph or two about likes, dislikes, current affairs..BLAH BLAH BLAH....Try to convert that into poetry and you'll know exactly what i mean...
So ya....Poetry is a gift that I have not recieved but I have tried my hand at it....a very few times actually....twice to be exact....and the first time I came up with something so baseless, horrible and pathetic I thought i'd never do it again.....
But.....I did....and what's underneath is what i wrote...I guess i tried to make sense...somehow... I'm not trying to get it published, neither do I want people to make a huge deal out of it...I just wanted to express certain emotions and I did.....sure felt GREAT!!!!
Mind you....when youre reading this, please dont take it in a negative sense and get all depressed and stuff...not my intention at ALL....
Oh and you can totally dislike it and abuse the shit out of it too.....No problemo.....


Signed
thenuttyoptimist

P.S. Before I forget......Thank you Nithya....for inspiring me.....:)




There was a time
When push need not be necessarily converted into shove
When I dreamt of things I could achieve
When darkness was locked up and stuffed in a corner
When patience felt like a gift and not a curse.


There was a time
When I never used to wake up and feel alone
When I could crack a joke and not worry about the repercussions
When I had those who loved me, next to me
When I could afford to get lost and be reckless.


There was a time
When a good book and not my mp3 player was my best friend
When the lines on my forehead were faint
When sleep was a necessity and not a comfort
When I did not have to see the smile in my eyes flicker.


There was a time
When friends eagerly stepped aside to let me go in front
When I was not judged by marks of ink on a coding sheet
When a smile and not a look of threat welcomed me
When knowledge was shared and not kept a secret.


There was a time
When distance was measured on a map and not in terms of hours
When I would be lost in the ecstacy of fantasy, and not the bitterness of reality
When walls were broken in my mind and not made
When there was no need to compromise on anything.


There was a time like that
Maybe time changed
Maybe I changed with time
But it does feel so long and so far away now
Out of reach but not out of sight.


Yes, there was a time like that
AND YES, I do miss it
But I dont let it bring me down, I dont let it make me cry...
I dont worry about it because I know I can get it back
I keep breathing, I keep believing, I keep smiling.....
I WALK ON.....I......LIVE ON.......

0 Bubbles of thought that managed to go POP!!: