BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 16, 2010

I Am...Version 2.0

I don’t like to talk about myself….Really! It just makes me uncomfortable…I’m constantly told that I undermine myself way too much…Don’t know if that’s true…

Anyway…what should I call this…Nonsense verse maybe….Far from Sukumar Ray’s work obviously (And I’m not trying to compare my work to his….There’s no way I can ever reach the level of brilliance he had) but it’s just very random…I guess I was thinking of the things I am, things I have been and things I can be and this is what I wrote…

There’s actually another version I wrote too…I’ll probably put that up as the next post….

Oh…this is not an attempt at self-aggrandizement…It’s not even close if you ask me…Lately stuff’s been happening that has just made me want to you know, introspect a bit…Truth be told, it didn’t really help…I just realized I’m still the same person I always have been….!

Sometimes…that’s what is important…sticking to who you are…being yourself…

This is me…J

I am…

The comic strip that’ll put a smirk back on your face,

The waste paper basket you’d want to throw waste in,

The last leaf that refuses to fall when the wind is too strong,

The firefly whose butt lights up in the darkest of places,

The kid who likes to just sit in the cafeteria and study people,

The turtle that peeks out of its shell,

The fuel that keeps the fire inside burning,

The compulsive brat who just has to know why,

The doodle that suddenly starts making sense,

The peacemaker you might want to keep in handy,

The foodie whose hunger is insatiable,

The eraser to help you wipe off that unnecessary mark,

The realist who believes truth reveals salvation,

The loony canine who doesn’t want to get trained,

The old pair of jeans you just cannot let go,

The eyes that find beauty in nearly everything,

The soul that finds solace in music,

The guy who believes that a smile can say it all,

The nut that’s part of the master-plan,

The weirdo…

…who ended up writing something like this!

I need a new way to sign out....

thenuttyoptimist

5 Bubbles of thought that managed to go POP!!:

indi said...

"The waste paper basket you’d want to throw waste in". Ha ha. That's how you introduced yourself to me.

I love it. Are you really as optimistic as you think you are, though? This poem sorta hints otherwise.

Anandit _ Andy said...

:O This is one of the best you've written so far....

The Nutty Optimist said...

@andy....thanks man....:)
and i wrote this in the middle of exams...ha!

@mridula...yes, i remember...:)
and thanks...you really like it?
And we should meet once or twice...you'll get the answer to your last question....
TRUST ME....!

indi said...

Yes. I really do. It's very truthful. :) Yes, we must!

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

Awesome.. :) I liked 'The guy who believes..' line the best.

Great blog..Keep writing!